There is an overwhelming amount of learning to be had!
Your Continuing Education (CE) choices include, but are not limited to: Online courses, state conventions, industry publications, powered-up weekend programs, wet-labs, national conferences, and much more. Truly, there are so many ways for veterinarians, technicians, and managers to maintain their CE. Licensed veterinarians, certified practice managers, and credentialed veterinary technicians may be required to maintain CE and keep records of courses. How do you choose and is there a method to the process? Continue reading →
You may walk into the door of your office feeling overwhelmed within the first moment.
Time flies, manage your time wisely.
Know that there is help! By consciously focusing on a few tips you may BE and FEEL more organized and efficient.
Following are Time Management Tips you may find beneficial:
1. Utilize Technical Tools, such as Google Calendar, to synchronize your work, personal, and financial stewardship calendar. Download to your cell phone and share events on your website.
2. Unclutter Your Work Space. Get really “down-’n'-dirty” on a monthly basis, throwing away papers, deleting unnecessary emails, filing or scanning papers worth keeping. Consider going “paperless.”
3. Plan your day the evening before to hit the office running, prioritizing tasks in the morning and re-evaluating mid-day. Organize your work week and schedule yourself “catch up time” a couple times a week.
4. Include Relationship Building on your “to-do list.” Networking with colleagues and keeping in touch with friends is good for your work and personal life. Never underestimate the power of networking–extremely valuable!
5. Schedule Breaks and Vacations for a mental, emotional, and healthy “time-out.” Reserve this time to be unplugged from your phone and interruptions. Allow yourself to relax, rejuvenate, and regroup with the things that are near and dear to you.
What additional tips can you offer? Please post your comments and let us know how you plan your day, utilize technology, or where you recently took a vacation.