Now is a great time to put together your New Year’s Goals and generate a plan. Let’s consider reviewing or creating an employee handbook.
Employee handbooks are great tools, when reviewed annually (as a minimum), used for new employee orientation and updated with team members routinely. Employee handbooks that are sitting on the shelf with dust accumulating are doing no good. Handbooks are living documents that benefit the veterinary owner, business and employee. When properly created and reviewed by an attorney, manuals are a great asset.
- Clearly communicates policies to the employee
- Saves time
- Establishes expectations
- Ensures company treats employees consistently
- Provides legal documentation
- Carefully considers policies designed with managers, supervisors and veterinarians
- Prevents misunderstandings Continue reading