You may walk into the door of your office feeling overwhelmed within the first moment.
Know that there is help! By consciously focusing on a few tips you may BE and FEEL more organized and efficient.
Following are Time Management Tips you may find beneficial:
1. Utilize Technical Tools, such as Google Calendar, to synchronize your work, personal, and financial stewardship calendar. Download to your cell phone and share events on your website.
2. Unclutter Your Work Space. Get really “down-’n'-dirty” on a monthly basis, throwing away papers, deleting unnecessary emails, filing or scanning papers worth keeping. Consider going “paperless.”
3. Plan your day the evening before to hit the office running, prioritizing tasks in the morning and re-evaluating mid-day. Organize your work week and schedule yourself “catch up time” a couple times a week.
4. Include Relationship Building on your “to-do list.” Networking with colleagues and keeping in touch with friends is good for your work and personal life. Never underestimate the power of networking–extremely valuable!
5. Schedule Breaks and Vacations for a mental, emotional, and healthy “time-out.” Reserve this time to be unplugged from your phone and interruptions. Allow yourself to relax, rejuvenate, and regroup with the things that are near and dear to you.
What additional tips can you offer? Please post your comments and let us know how you plan your day, utilize technology, or where you recently took a vacation.